The parish was called South Morden in the early 13th century and, until recent times, was mainly devoted to arable farming, together with fruit growing in the 19th century. In the 1860s, a settlement called The Diggings was established for coprolite diggers at the point where North Brook End meets Flecks Lane.
The Parish Church of SS Peter & Paul serves the Church of England congregation, with other denominations going to Royston or Baldock to worship.
No less than eight Public Houses survived into the 1950s, but now only one village pub remains - the Waggon & Horses, opposite the Church.
Until the late 19th century, most houses stood along a street running North and South past the Church, called Hay Street.
The small settlement of Odsey grew up near the southern boundary of the parish, following the opening of Ashwell & Morden Railway station on the London to Cambridge line in the late 1850s. New buildings included the Railway Inn, now The Jester Hotel.
In 1938, the R.A.F opened an airfield covering 175 acres on land east of Cheyney Water and extending to Litlington. Initially a satellite of Bassingbourn airfield, this was later used by the 355th Fighter Group of the USAF.
Connections with the 355th still exist, with regular visits by former squadron members to the School and the local Scout Group, whose Venture Unit was linked to the 355th and carries its flash on their uniform.